The Department of Computer Science and Engineering and Master of Computer Applications, PET Engineering College, Vallioor 627117 organized a Five Day Webinar on Data Mining Techniques & Tools from 10 May 2021 to 14 May 2021. Dr.S. Babu Renga Rajan, Mr. S. Muthu Perumal Pillai and Mr. S. Samsudeen Shaffi were the resource persons.
The Day1 session started with a welcome address by Dr. S. Babu Renga Rajan HOD/CSE, Convener of the event. Dr. K. Madhan Kumar, Principal graced the meeting with his presence. Dr. A. Kalai Selvi, Prof & Head /MCA delivered the vote of thanks.
40 students from Final Year CSE, 2 students from ME CSE, 48 students from MCA department participated in the webinar. The participants gained the knowledge on data mining tools and techniques used for knowledge discovery in databases through theoretical as well as hand on training.
Objective of the Course
- To learn Data mining techniques like Classification, clustering, Association rules
- To know the basics of Weka tools
- To distinguish various classification methods
Outcomes for the course
At the end of the course, the students were able to:
- Apply data mining techniques and methods to large data sets.
- Use data mining tool - Weka.
- Compare and contrast the various classifiers.