The inaugural function of Computer Science and Engineering Association, Computer Society of India & Institute of Engineers (India) Student's Chapter was held from 11th to 15th September 2017 at PET Engineering College Vallioor. Konar Venkatesh Nambi, a second year student welcomed the gathering. H. Faiza Mubeena a third year student presented the annual report for the year 2016-2017. Dr. Mohamed Sheriff N the Principal of the College delivered the presidential address. He appreciated the manner in which the students synchronized with the staff in the Association activities and he said that it would definitely pave way for them to develop their skills. Dr. Babu Renga Rajan S, HOD of CSE Department introduced the office bearers of the Association
Mr. S. Sheik Ismail Navas, CCNA Technical Trainer, Kalvi Higher Education and Research Institute delivered the inaugural address. He emphasized the importance of cloud computing. Mr. Thulasi Ram, CCNA Technical Trainer, conducted a workshop on Ethical Hacking and Cyber Security. He highlighted the importance of gaining knowledge with regard to hacking and cyber security to overcome the problems related to it. 42 students from Final Year CSE and 7 students from Second Year ME-CSE participated in the workshop.
Objective of the Course
- To learn the basics of ethical hacking, Information gathering and attacks.
- To understand the concepts of Networking and basic scanning and computer forensics.
- To learn cryptography, web hacking and counter measures.
- To become familiar with E-mail hacking, WhatsApp hacking, LAN hacking and Backtrack OS.
Outcome of the Course
- Understand the basics of computer forensics, ethical hacking and attacks.
- Apply a number of different computer forensic tools to a given scenario.
- Analyze and validate forensics data.
- Identify the vulnerabilities in a given network infrastructure.
- Implement real-world hacking techniques to test system security.