With an explosion of Information Technology through Satellite Communication and Space explorations, the communication is a vital factor for rapid and uniform growth of the nation, the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 1998.
The Department is providing a classic technical education to the students and makes the students blossom into meritorious and self disciplined engineers by hard work. The Department trains the needed manpower to establish and develop the Electronics and Telecommunication industries in India by offering both a 4-year under graduate degree B.E. and a 2-year post graduate degree M.E. (Communication Systems) programmes.
Students are exposed to a wide spectrum of technological applications and experiments in the field of electronics, telecommunication, VLSI, digital signal processing, Microwave, fiber optics, mobile and digital communication, etc. with the variety of circuit simulation and design software packages like Multisim, Ultiboard, Code Composer Studio, Matlab and Xilinx etc. to give them a strong edge in the multifunctional capabilities of tomorrow. The faculty members are actively engaged in research in the field of Optical Electronics, Microwaves, Microelectronics, Digital Signal Processing, Digital Image Processing, VLSI & wavelets.
- To produce high quality, competent and socially responsible electronics and communication engineers.
- To ensure effective teaching-learning process to provide basic knowledge and its relevant applications pertaining to core and interdisciplinary areas.
- To inculcate entrepreneur skills, employability and research capabilities imbued with human values.
- To provide industry-institute interactions through consultancy and sponsored projects.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates should have a solid foundation of conceptual knowledge in mathematics, sciences and basic engineering and other support courses that are requisites for understanding, analyzing and synthesizing of Electronics circuits, design and development of communication systems.
- The graduates should have the professional competency in the blooming fields like signal processing, VLSI, embedded systems and advanced communication techniques so as to comprehend, analyze, apply and innovate solutions for real life complexities.
- The graduates should be endowed with professionalism, ethical behavior, effective communication skills, spirit of teamwork, multidisciplinary approach and ability to relate engineering issues to broader social and environmental issues.
- The graduates should have the in built capacity for lifelong learning to keep updated constantly with emerging technologies and create a niche for themselves in the area of their choice in industry, in research, in academics or become an entrepreneur.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of differential equations, vector calculus, complex variables, matrix theory, probability theory, physics, chemistry and electronics and communication engineering.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve electronics engineering problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design electronics circuits and simulations and conduct experiments with electronic systems, analyze and interpret data.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design communication circuits and simulations and conduct experiments with communication systems, analyze and interpret data.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design analog and digital systems and components.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to analyze and process the various types of electrical Signals.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to visualize and work on laboratory and multidisciplinary task.
- Graduates will demonstrate skills to use modern engineering tools, software and equipment to analyze problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of Professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Graduate will show the understanding of impact of engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues.
- Graduate will develop confidence for self Education and ability for life- long learning
- Graduate who can Participate and succeed in Competitive examinations like GATE,TANCET