The Department of Mechanical Engineering Started in the Year 1998 runs with good number of students and well qualified faculty members. The Department has the intake of 120 students for UG program and 24 for PG program. A good exposure is provided for practical approach and research projects. The Department organizes industrial visits and motivates the students to attend various workshops and conferences. The Department of Mechanical Engineering has number of workshops with latest equipment and machines.
- To produce highly competent Mechanical Engineers and enable them for employment and higher studies.
- To provide basic mechanical subject knowledge and make them understand to apply it for socially relevant issues.
- To provide opportunities for in-plant training, industrial visit, mini project and major project to improve their employability.
- To provide additional opportunities to learn contemporary subjects as elective and beyond the syllabus content experiments in laboratories.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To prepare graduates with a strong foundation in basic engineering sciences, Mathematics, Engineering graphics enabling them to analyze and solve engineering problems to prepare them for higher learning and research works.
- To prepare graduates with a strong foundation in Thermal, Design, Dynamics, Kinematics of Machinery components, Advance manufacturing techniques and to develop the ability among students to synthesize and analyze data and technical concepts for application of engineering problems.
- To prepare graduates with a sound knowledge in Engineering Economics, Various Cost analysis, Energy Engineering sector and create an in depth knowledge about social and environmental issues.
- To prepare graduates with Integrity, Good ethical values with social and moral responsibilities so that they achieve a sustainable development in the professional studies of Engineering and Business.
- Graduates will have ability to express their basic knowledge in Mathematics, Science and engineering.
- Graduates will have ability to identify, Formulate & solve different Mechanical engineering problems.
- Graduates will have ability to understand the basics of mechanical machineries, Manufacturing process and conduct experiment with various equipment's.
- Graduates will have ability to demonstrate experiment on various thermal equipment's.
- Graduates will have ability to demonstrate the experiments on dynamics of machinery, Metrology & Measurements equipment to analyze and interpret.
- Graduates will have ability to draft and make various Mechanical Machinery components through CAD/CAM laboratory.
- Graduates will have ability to analyze the drafting model with the use of simulation laboratory.
- Graduates will have ability to design and analyze the various hydraulic, pneumatic & Automation circuits through Mechatronics laboratory.
- Graduates will have ability to understand the knowledge on managerial skills with ethical and moral responsibilities.
- Graduates will have ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Graduates will understand the impact of engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of environmental issues.
- Graduates will develop confidence for self- education and clearly understand the value of life-long learning.