The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2012 and offers an under graduate four year degree programme in B.E. The Department has got a team of experienced faculty members with commitment in and concern for the students' welfare. All the laboratories are well-equipped.
The Department trains the students in such a way to meet the demands of the job market in the construction industries. The Civil Engineering discipline includes Environmental Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Water Resource Engineering, Coastal Engineering, Offshore Engineering, Geology, Atmospheric and Earth Sciences as its sub - disciplines.
- To be a centre of excellence in civil engineering and contribute to environmental preservation and overall sustainable development.
- To provide students with a broad and thorough education in civil engineering fundamentals, applications and design that prepares them for the practice of civil engineering at the professional level.
- To provide a holistic education for the students with a blend of conceptual and practical insight for a productive career.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the students and mould socially responsible civil engineers.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates will have the ability to establish themselves as practicing professionals in civil engineering or a related field.
- Graduates will have the ability to pursue graduate study in civil engineering or other fields.
- Graduates are expected to work effectively as responsible professionals alone or in teams handling increasingly complex professional and societal expectations.