The Department enjoys the privilege of having spacious and well-equipped laboratories that provide the students the industrial environment much needed for real life training. The major laboratories to offer advanced practical training in the field of Electrical Technology are Electrical Machines Laboratory, Power Electronics Laboratory, Control Systems Laboratory, Electric Circuits Laboratory, Measurements and Instrumentation Laboratory, Power System Simulation Laboratory and Electrical Workshop.
The facilities available in the Department are copious that students can do their final year projects in the campus itself. The Power System Simulation Laboratory is exclusively set for the use of Electrical and Electronics Engineering students. It has 33 Pentium processor computer systems with modeling and analysis. The latest software includes Mat lab and AU- power lab.
The Electrical Machines Lab is equipped with DC motors, DC generators, Alternators, Synchronous motors, Transformers and Induction Machines. The Measurements and Instrumentation Laboratory consists of DC and AC bridges kit, Transducer Kits and D/A and A/D converter Kits. The Control Systems Laboratory consists of DC Servo meter Kit, Closed loop temperature control system setup, linear system simulator, Synchro and PID controller trainer kit. The Power Electronics Laboratory is equipped with single phase and three phase converters, and many other kits to enable the students getting hands on experience on the emerging technologies.
- To create Electrical Engineers of high technical acumen and make them employable in reputed firms.
- To impart strong theoretical foundation in Electrical Subjects.
- To impart knowledge on core engineering fields through Projects, Workshops and Industry interaction.
- To provide knowledge and skill in the design and realization of Electrical and Electronic Circuits and Systems.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Be a Successful Electrical Engineer in various field that requires analytical and technical skills.
- Engage in lifelong learning to maintain and enhance professional skills.
- To demonstrate leadership skills to function professionally and ethically in a globally competitive world.
- An ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Physical Science and Basic Engineering in solving problems.
- An ability to design, conduct experiments, analyze and formulate the results.
- An ability to understand and analyze analog and digital circuits.
- An ability to acquire knowledge in power electronics circuits and industrial drives.
- An ability to have depth knowledge and exposure in power system to pursue a Career in power sector.
- An ability to understand algorithm implementation in micro processor and micro controller, computer programming and simulation software.
- An ability to develop mathematical modelling, analyze and design of automation system.
- An ability to communicate effectively both in verbal and written form.
- An ability to apply knowledge of Engineering and Management principles in multi disciplinary environment.
- An ability to understand contemporary issues.