The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2012 and offers an under graduate four year degree programme in B.E. The Department has got a team of experienced faculty members with commitment in and concern for the students' welfare. All the laboratories are well-equipped.
The Department trains the students in such a way to meet the demands of the job market in the construction industries. The Civil Engineering discipline includes Environmental Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Water Resource Engineering, Coastal Engineering, Offshore Engineering, Geology, Atmospheric and Earth Sciences as its sub - disciplines.
- To make students face the challenges pertaining to Civil Engineering with confidence.
- To train students for contributing to environmental preservation and overall sustainable development.
- To serve the nation by providing a quality engineering education that enables students to enter a profession that can improve the civil infrastructure and economic welfare.
- To be internationally recognized in Civil Engineering through Academic Excellence and Societal Focus.
- To provide students with a broad and thorough education in civil engineering fundamentals, applications and design that prepares them for the practice of civil engineering at the professional level.
- To provide a holistic education for the students with a blend of conceptual and practical insight for a productive career.
- To broaden and strengthen the industry – institute relationship to offer skill based education and services to satisfy the needs of stakeholders.
- To establish Centre of Excellence in the frontier areas of Civil Engineering
- Provide essential knowledge & skill to the students and enhance their employable potential and entrepreneurial capabilities.
- Produce graduates with high professional and ethical standards.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates will have the ability to establish themselves as practicing professionals in civil engineering or a related field.
- Graduates will have the ability to pursue graduate study in civil engineering or other fields.
- Graduates are expected to work effectively as responsible professionals alone or in teams handling increasingly complex professional and societal expectations.