Webinar on “Women Empowerment – Fidelity” was organized by the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering and IQAC, PET Engineering College, Vallioor on 3rd March 2022 exclusively for girl students. Webinar was presented by the resource Person Mrs. Kanmani Thivya Jas B.E, M.A(Psy), M.ED (USA), Consulting Psychologist Chennai, Alumna Batch 2001- 2005 ECE.
Mrs. C. Rekha, HOD of ECE Department & IQAC coordinator, delivered the welcome address and introduced the Chief Guest Mrs. Kanmani Thivya Jas, and handed over the session to the resource person. 126 girl students belonging to different Engineering disciplines participated in this program actively. Out of it I year B.E. and P.G. (MCA, MBA) of strength total 71 assembled in IQAC and others joined through online google meet.
The resource person explained the aftermath of fidelity & the measures to be adopted to overcome infatuation. Failure after infatuated state is agonizingly painful and must be overcome so that it does not impinge on all other aspects of our lives. Due to the brain chemicals implicated in attraction (namely dopamine, serotonin and oxytocin), the experience of infatuation is very illusory and unstable. It feels enchanting one minute, and then horrendously depressive the next. She explained the way to overcome from infatuation & how to control our mind & focusing on studies.
Objective of the Program
- To enable women to gain equal access to and control over the resources (material, human and intellectual)
- To overcome the temporary love of an adolescent & extravagant passion or love or admiration.
- To identify gaps in the empowerment of women, development of children and adolescents
Outcomes for the Program
- This program helped the students to understand how to reset body and mind after infatuation or any adolescence related mind issues.
- This program taught one consider time as the best healer.
- It enabled women to comprehend about equal access to and control over the resources (material, human and intellectual)