The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in 1998 with a vision to become a Centre of Prowess by making the students to throw one`s hat in the ring and tailor to the current trend of the industries. The departments have grown excellently in academic and research work since their inception.
The Department endeavors with an outlined vision in producing socially responsible and employable engineers. It has a team of proficient and veteran faculty members and technical staffs who deliver their skills to the students through various teaching-learning environment .Some of the bright students are pursuing additional courses for enhanced learning. The faculty members impart knowledge through curriculum based formal education and industry focused practical sessions which aggrandize the technical ,aptitude and reasoning skills of the students to make them readily employable.
The Department has modern, well furnished and updated infrastructure facilities to achieve the target of making students readily employable. The Computer Centers provide Central Computing facility across nodes which are backboned by HP rack Servers. Nodes have communication outlet with a speed of 100+ Mbps dedicated leased line facility which can be accessed in both wired and Wi-Fi environment. The department procured all latest software including Oracle 11g, Rational Rose, Hadoop, R, Android toolkit Microsoft Open Value Subscription through Microsoft Campus agreement to enable the students to develop their practical skills.
- To prepare the back trodden student community into highly competent professionals who would contribute to the computational world and also create a platform for industrial consultancy.
- To cultivate sound practical and theoretical knowledge in the discipline of computing and apply the knowledge to the benefit of the society.
- To facilitate the students to work with recent tools and technologies.
- To prepare students with high degree of credibility, integrity, ethical standards and social concern.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Achieve the understanding of the basics and emerging techniques of a broad range of computer science and engineering concepts.
- Identify and solve computer science and engineering problems through application of fundamental knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to become competent IT professional and / or acquire higher education.
- Exhibit professional skills, effective communication, ethical attitude, leadership skill and team work in their profession and to adapt to the recent trends by engaging in lifelong learning.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Computer Science and Engineering, both theoretical and practical.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to real-life problem solving using computing.
- Develop the knowledge of developing algorithms, designing, implementation and testing applications in computer related areas.
- Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex Computer Science and Engineering problems.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools to Computer Science and Engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility towards society.
- Examine the impact of Computer Science and engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and oral.
- Develop confidence for self & lifelong learning & enrich the knowledge of contemporary issues to face the career challenges.